Obsessed With Love Island? For the Stylists at Wigs & Warpaint Salon in Sheffield – It’s All About the Hair Extensions!
There’s no doubt about it, we’re all just a little bit obsessed with Love Island.
We were especially hooked when Wigs & Warpaint client, the fabulous Savanna (pictured below) rocked up to the villa – check out Savanna’s gorgeous curls, styled by our very own chief Wig, Claire Flack. It wasn’t meant to be this time around Savanna, but you did us all proud!
But while everyone else is wondering “Will Megan and Wes work out, will New Jack stay with Laura, is it true love for Dani and Jack?!” – and various love shenanigans in the villa, the team at Wigs & Warpaint salon Sheffield can’t help but focus on the girls’ hair extensions!
Before we continue, we’d just like to say that if you get your hair extensions at Wigs, they will be the best quality and will be superbly blended to look natural! So, here is our lowdown on the hair extensions in Love Island…
Love Island’s Ellie Hair Extensions Disaster
Oh, Ellie. Unfortunately, Ellie’s extensions are extremely visible (especially when sitting by the pool area) because her own hair is very short and fine on top. This is a common issue for those with super short hair – Ellie would have been better opting for a shorter length and more layers for a much more natural finish.
Elli’s hair extensions are also warmer in colour in comparison to her natural hair tones, which doesn’t help the extensions blend and is making them appear more visible! It is extremely difficult to match blonde hair perfectly, as there is usually at least two or three different natural tones to match – that’s why it’s best left to the experts at Wigs & Warpaint!
Laura from Love Island’s Hair Extensions
It’s obvious that Laura is wearing hair extensions. They are extremely long and blonde, sitting on dark roots, which make them more obvious than if they were blended. Plus, the sun has not been kind to them and the ends are beginning to discolour. Having said that, she styles her hair extensions well, opting for lovely waves when she glams up in the evening.
Is Love Island’s Dani Wearing Taped Hair Extensions?
We love Dani’s hair extensions. We think she’s wearing taped extensions but she hides them well and clearly looks after her hair. It is in great condition and she sensibly wears her hair extensions up in a bun or ponytail during the day to keep them clean and clear of sun cream and pool water.
Hair Extensions Advice from Wigs & Warpaint Salon in Sheffield
- Keep your hair extensions looking fabulous for longer with these top tips for looking after your hair extensions.
- Separate each hair extension bond daily to ensure they are sitting separately and are not tangled. Gently rake your fingers through your hair.
- Use the recommended shampoo and conditioner as your haircare routine will maintain the condition of your hair extensions.
- Be gentle with your hair extensions, particularly when brushing.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair extensions.
- When on holiday, avoid getting chlorine and sea water on your hair.
- Use a hair oil to keep the ends of your hair moisturised and to help with discolouration from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Consider wearing a hat or scarf to cover your hair from the sun.
- Book in for regular hair extensions maintenance appointments at Wigs & Warpaint
The Best Hair Extensions at Wigs & Warpaint Salon in Sheffield
We offer a great range of hair extensions to suit all budgets at Wigs & Warpaint, from the stunning BeautyWorks to Racoon International Hair Extensions and LA Weave-In extensions. We also offer a bespoke wig-fitting service, too! All our hair extensions are of the highest quality.
Our extensionists are highly experienced in fitting extensions so they blend perfectly with your own hair and look realistic and natural. Book in for a hair extensions consultation today by calling us on 0114 270 0336.