Everything You Need To Know About The New Safety Protocols at Wigs & Warpaint Salon in Sheffield
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our clients and staff for the ongoing support and loyalty that has been shown during such unprecedented times. We have not, as of yet, had to lay anybody off and are extremely proud of how we are able to continue to support our Apprenticeship scheme by keeping on our assistants and, hopefully, contributing to the future of the hairdressing industry in these uncertain times.
At Wigs & Warpaint, it is our priority to safeguard our client’s and team’s physical and mental health. Below, you can find a summary of the health & safety measures we have put in place at the salon. We can’t wait to see all of your lovely faces VERY soon!
Let’s Talk About Face Coverings…
We would like to remind our clients that, whilst we are complying with Government guidelines and that our salon is a very safe place to visit (with lots of measures in place for your safety) – we understand that some people are exempt from wearing masks.
We work hard to make sure that our salon is a friendly, no-judgement zone and we ask that you kindly show respect to other clients regarding their decision to wear a face-covering or not. Some reasons for people being exempt from wearing a face mask include;
* Young children under the age of 11.
* Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness/impairment or disability.
* If putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress.
* If you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip-reading to communicate.
*To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
We’re lucky to have a large salon that adheres to social distancing regulations, is thoroughly cleaned, and an amazing team who have been briefed on the very latest health & safety measures. We thank you for your co-operation on this.
Your Salon Visit – New Protocols
We have thoroughly reviewed our operational procedures and systems to ensure we are as safe and hygienic as possible during the client journey. We have a large salon and we are able to operate on every other chair/section to ensure we are as compliant as possible with social distancing. We have taken particular care to review our cleaning procedures, including sanitising all the equipment we use. Our staff have undertaken specialist training regarding sterilization and will all be equipped with Visors to wear when working.
We are asking all clients to adhere to the following regarding their future visits:
- As we will be restricted on waiting space, we request that you do not bring anybody with you on the time of your visit unless completely necessary i.e. if you have a disability or need a carer.
- Please arrive on schedule for your appointment to minimise waiting time and unnecessary interaction.
- Magazines will not be available.
- We ask all clients to minimise any coats or bags that they bring into the salon with them and keep them on their person. You will be given a box by a member of the Wigs & Warpaint team to hold your minimal belongings during your appointment.
- Refreshments will be available in disposable paper cups only (no china/glass/cutlery).
- Our team will be wearing the required PPE during your visit. We will issue clients with a disposable gown and disposable towels.
We will then take a 50% deposit to secure your booking prior to your appointment.
To protect everyone within the salon we are asking all clients to please stay at home if you are showing any signs of being unwell. Including high temperature, everyday coughs or colds. This also applies to our valued team members. We would rather cancel an appointment than take the risk that you may have the virus that could be passed on to others. Your appointment will be rescheduled.
NEW Extended Opening Hours
We will be extending our working week and hours during our initial opening period to accommodate the expected high demand for appointments, reduced staffing levels, extended booking times due to social distancing restrictions and vulnerable clients. Our new times are;
Hair Services – Important Changes
Due to potential social distancing restrictions, shift patterns and staff rotas, it may not always be possible to see your stylist on your requested day. When and where possible we will always endeavour to meet your requests, but you may have to consider seeing an alternative stylist or come back in on another date. We will not be able to perform some services during the initial re-opening period, including fringe trims or dry haircuts.
Payment for Services
- A 50% deposit is payable to secure an appointment. T&C apply.
- Hair service payments can be made in advance of your appointment via the telephone and placed onto your account
- Contactless, Apple Pay and card payments will be available on the day of service to minimize cashless means where possible.
- Please let us know which payment option you prefer at point of booking.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
To leave a comment or ask a question - click here