Meet Claire Flack – Creative & Managing Director at Wigs and Warpaint, Sheffield
Claire Flack is Creative & Managing Director of the Wigs & Warpaint Team.
Best known for her bespoke hair colour creations and education, she is dedicated to pushing the creative boundaries, which has been showcased in full force in recent years with her expertise resulting in her being awarded ‘Redken Artist 2015’ & ‘Redken Colourist 2015’.
Claire has also been awarded ‘Sheffield’s Salon & Stylist of The Year’ a remarkable six times, winning in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 2012 & 2013.
She is booked for theatre, fashion shows and photographic shoots on a constant basis.
My loves in my job are cutting styling and finishing hair, I have a particularly good way when working with curly hair and love to share my tips!
When it comes to hair colour, I enjoy bespoke colouring customers hair using an array of different techniques and one-off mixes to suit what my customers want I will always talk about choices and educate my customers and team in new trends -to keep myself fresh, I feel that education really is key.
Each year, I take myself off doing and trying as many new techniques as possible – becoming a Redken certified colourist in the process – and working on different events like fashion week.
Claire’s Career So Far…
Claire’s career started in hair dressing at the age of 14. By 16, she had achieved her NVQ 2 in an YTS role through Rotherham College. At 17, Claire was awarded student of the year – and also got down to the last 6 in the finals for the hairdressing council in London. It was at 18 the Claire joined Alan Paul in Meadow hall of Sheffield, and that is when her creative skills were given a platform. Since then her skills and experience have gone from strength to strength!
Date – 2007 – present
Salon – Wigs and Warpaint
Position – Managing Director
The accomplishment of growing the salon from 3 stylists to 25 stylists, 6 in house qualified graduates, 2 beauticians, 8 assistants a training academy with 60 plus students from 35 salons and a marketing manager in just 6 years
- Awarded Sheffield’s Salon and Stylist of the year 2008,2009,2010, 2011 2012 & 2013 as voted by the public.
- Session stylist at the UK advertising campaigns for Bravissimo Underwear and Kryolan Make up with photographer David Short
- Claire has reached The Trend Vision regional finals 4 times
- American Crew UK finalist 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- American Crew Face off UK Champion 2012
- Wella Key Design Team member 2005 to present
- Guest Stylist @ London & Paris Fashion Weeks With Sebastian & Oribe product houses
Date – 2004-2007
Salon – Creator Sheffield (City Centre)
Position – Senior Stylist & Trainer
- Member of key design team for Wella
- Regional finalist for the Trend Vision awards
- Session stylists for wedding shoot in HDJ with photographer Bruce Smith!
Date – 1998 – 2004
Salon – Alan Paul (Meadowhall)
Position -Senior Stylist
- Training from Patrick Cameron, Wella and in house
- 2001 Winner of the National Creative awards as stylist and colourist of the year
- The involvement in numerous fashion shoots with national photographers, inclusive of a shoot for Glamour Magazineo2001 Winner of the ‘Stylists Of The Year’ at the National Creative Awards
- 2001 Winner of the Schwartzcopf colourist of the year at the National Creative Awards.o2002 Runner up for stylist of the year at the National Creative awards
- 2002 Became Schwarzkopf colour expert
Photographers/Art Directors worked with;
Shoots worked on;
Kryolan Make Up